Friday, January 17, 2014

Newborn Hats Gift Set

Now and Later Newborn Set





Last Fall I was asked to make a gift for one of my son's High School teachers. He was becoming a brand new, first-time father and my son's class wanted to do something special for him. NICE HUH? I was impressed :D

So I got volunteered ..

I whipped up this set over the weekend and wanted to share it with you.  I call it the 'Now and Later' set because there is one hat for Now and one hat for Later. :)

The first little hat I made,'Valentine', worked up much larger than expected .. too large for a newborn, but it will be perfect this winter. Next I made a beautiful 'Butterfly' hat which was just the perfect size and added a couple of flowers to each hat.



I should have been done but it just didn't feel finished. I didn't have a gift bag handy, so using the
magic and versatility of crochet, I made one!  It's a mesh-style bag so the new mother can keep those tiny little baby socks in it and throw the whole thing in the laundry .. no more losing them :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the hats. And the gift bag! What a great idea! X

Lucy Blossom said...

What a lovely idea for the hats, and I love the little gift bag too.

Joy said...

Tracy, I love these projects. The caps for now and later concept is brilliant, and every new mom NEEDS an open crochet laundry bag! Thank you so much for bringing these to Treasure Box Tuesday- I'm sharing on Google+!