Monday, April 7, 2014

Market Bags 'To Go'

Market Bags 'To Go'

I'm going to be making quite a few of these this month. I'm totally jazzed about it too!

I've got 3 great big skeins of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton, in beautiful Spring-time colors...just waiting to get my hook into them!
 I use this PATTERN from Linda at Linda's Crafty Corner

Mine are a little different.

I like my Market/Produce bags cinched at the top so my goodies don't roll out when I set it down.

So my bags have a drawstring type closure..nice and sturdy though, they will last a good long time with lot's of use.
I also make the pouch closure a little differently..I hate buttons. I have no idea why, except that they catch on stuff and they just 'bother' me.

So I made a long loop in the center of the pouch opening and designed it to loop around the flower decoration attached to the other side of the the pouch.  Works like a charm!..and pretty too :)
In order to avoid cutting thread/yarn and weaving in while you are in the middle of a net/mesh pattern, you need to start with a cone or large skein. 
The first one I made, I used one of the regular small skeins of Lily Sugar n Cream and it took all of one plus part of another. So I do recommend that you start out with a large skein to begin with.

I have made note of all my changes to the pattern on my Ravelry page. I'm considering writing it all up in a pdf for downloading...but for now, I've got to get hooking!






0 comments: